Easy comfort food that sticks to your chest!
1 cup crème cheese
1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan Cheese
1-1/2 cups 5 year old cheddar
2 cups 2% milk
1/2 cup white wine
1 onion finely chopped onion
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup flour
2 cups bread crumbs
500g pkg of your favourite pasta (I like using Fusilli Bucati)
Salt and pepper
Prep & Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Heat a large stock pot of salted water and cook pasta 5 minutes; drain and put aside
3. In a large saucepan, combine 1 tbsp butter and onion; sauté over med/high heat until the onions soften (about 5 minutes), then add milk, wine, crème cheese, parmesan cheese and 5 year old cheddar. Reduce heat to medium and stir constantly until cheese is melted, about 7 – 9 minutes.
4. In a separate large saucepan combine a ¼ cup of the melted butter and flour over med heat, stirring constantly until flour is all mixed into butter, about 3 minutes. Slowly whisk cheese and milk sauce into flour mixture (whisking the lumps out) and set aside.
5. In a small mixing bowl combine ¼ cup of melted butter and bread crumbs; mix well.
6. In the stock pot combine pasta and cheese sauce and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, and pour mixture into a greased 9 x 12″ baking pan, covering with buttered bread crumbs. Bake for 45 until sauce starts bubbling on the corners of the baking pan.