A soul-warming soup with rich flavour.
1 bulb of Garlic
2 heads of cauliflower
3 onions, finely chopped
4 stalks of celery, finely chopped
2 cups of white wine
3 L of organic vegetable stock
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 tbsp of Corn Starch
2 cups creme
Salt and pepper to taste
Prep & Directions
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Cut cauliflower and peel the garlic bulb, place both on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 1 hour.
3. Once the garlic and cauliflower are roasted, put them in a large stock pot and add onions and celery and sauté at med/high heat until the onions start to soften.
4. Add nutmeg, wine and vegetable stock, bring up to a boil then reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 hour.
5. Take soup off heat and puree until smooth, adding crème. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
6. Chef’s Tip: If the soup is not thick enough, make a slurry with cornstarch and add it to the soup.