Bright, fresh and quite a guest pleaser!
1 pkg Arugula
1 tbsp of butter
Juice of 1 fresh lemon
1 red onion thinly sliced
1 cups white vinegar
1 tbsp of white sugar
2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp of White Balsamic vinegar
Prep & Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Peel and Core the pears and cut into slices
3. In a non stick, oven able, pan sauté pears in melted butter, quickly with the lemon juice (about 2-5 minutes). Place in the oven and roast pears 30 minutes. Pears should still have a little bite. Let cool.
4. In a Medium sized saucepan over high heat add onions, sugar, and vinegar and bring to a boil and continue to boil for 3 to 5 minutes until the onions go soft. Place in a resealable container and store in the refrigerator (it can be kept up to 3 months).
5. Arrange Arugula on plates, place pears on top of the salad, than Onions; drizzle olive oil and vinegar over salad. Enjoy!