How to Make Beef & Chicken Tacos with Pico de Gallo
These dishes are nothing short of Mexican comfort food. Chef D raves about the flavours, the textures and the heat that these beef and chicken tacos topped with pico de gallo provide. Like all of Chef D's recipes he starts off with the highest quality products available to him. In this dish that means starting off with some of the locally raised, grass-fed ground beef that nutrafarms provides as well as some of our delicious boneless and skinless, free-run chicken breasts.
One word of warning. These tacos will undoubtedly turn into a household favorite. Make sure that if you make them once, you're prepared to have your family and friends requesting them for years to come.
Pico de Gallo
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 lime
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Olive oil
Beef & Chicken Tacos
- 1/2 pound of grass-fed beef from Nutrafarms
- 2 boneless, skinless, free-range chicken breast from Nutrafarms
- Taco seasoning
- Corn tortillas
- Cheese blend
- Olive oil
Pico de Gallo
- Start by preheating a nonstick frying pan to medium heat. Once it reaches the desired temperature add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Dice the yellow onion and garlic and then saute them until they become translucent.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Add any peppers or spice you like. In the video above, Chef D doesn't add anything too spicy by leaving the peppers out, your guest have the option to add whatever level of heat they'd like once their tacos are on their plates.
- Once the sauteed mixture is finished, transfer it into a food processor. Combine the mixture with 2 diced tomatoes and the juice of one lime.
- Pulse for 10 seconds.
- Add a handful of cilantro and then pulse again.
- Start by preheating a nonstick frying pan to medium heat. Once it reaches the desired temperature, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place 1/2 pound of grass-fed beef from Nutrafarms into your frying pan and separate the beef as it cooks.
- Add 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning.
- Add salt & pepper to layer the flavour of the ground beef mixture.
- Add a few tablespoons of pico de gallo to the mixture and cook until the meat has been fully browned.
- Plate in either hard or soft corn tortillas and then top with cheese, pico de gallo, rough cut cilantro and avocado.
- For the tastiest chicken tacos you'll ever make, Chef D recommends starting off by grilling some high quality chicken breasts so that you get the added smokiness from the barbeque.
- Thinly slice the chicken breast.
- Peel and slice the avocado.
- Top your corn tortillas with the sliced chicken breast, sliced avocado, some cheese and pico de gallo.
One of the best things about tacos is how adaptable they are. You can start with Chef D's recipe and then tweak the recipe in anyway you want. Like all great food the only part that you can't substitute is the quality ingredients.
Give Chef D's recipes for beef and chicken tacos with pico de gallo a try and let us know how it goes in the comment section. We know you'll be happy you did.
Nutrafarms Inc. is a proud supporter of Ontario family farms and has been providing locally grown beef, pork and poultry across Ontario since 2001. | Nutrafarms Inc. 261 King St. Barrie, Ontario L4N 6B5. Contact Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 1.800.481.2001